Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Today we received our referral packet from the adoption agency. It gives us a sample letter that we have to send to the orphanage accepting the referral, various travel papers, and our adoption agreement. They sent this now so that when the medical report comes in, we'll be ready to move forward. It looks as though we will not have to have the FBI background checks done again. A few of the documents that were sent with our dossier, including our FBI clearances, expire in six months from the stamped date. Those documents are all dated mid-May, so they don't expire until mid-November. I truly thank the Lord for things we view as "mix ups". There was a "mix up" with our FBI clearances and they should of been done the end of March, but they didn't get completed until mid-May. If they had been completed in March, we would now have to redo all of the documentation that would be expiring in September. That would of been a lot more money and time. I am so thankful for that "mix up" with the FBI... the Lord knew what He was doing and was watching out for us.

Well, it looks as though things are getting kicked into high gear and we're moving forward!!!

Chao,
Kathy


P.S. - Laura, I do not have an email address for you. I left you a comment under August 27th comments.

1 comment:

Laura S said...

Hi Kathy!
Thats great news! I haven't even checked dates on our paperwork. Hopefully there isn't anything that will have to be redone!

We don't have our referral yet, but hopefully it will come soon. Our paperwork should be in Medellin and my understanding is that they are placing Colombian families in Medellin very quickly except for 0-12 month olds. We are approved for 12-35 months so it won't impact us.

We will be staying with my SIL not too far from the Intercontinental. If you need ideas of things to do and places to go, let me know. I have been to Medellin 4 times and am slowly getting to know at least some things. :)

My blog is http://andreslaura.wordpress.com and my email is drlaura at yahoo dot com.
Laura