As I'm sure you can imagine, we've been working hard all week trying to prepare for our trip. After checking out our daughter's size and weight on on-line charts, I realized she is probably only one size behind Bethany. There are probably going to be many things that they both can fit in. I've spent all day so far bringing out and washing all of Bethany's things that I just put away last season. I wish I knew her shoe size... I might email the agency to see if they can find out for me.
A huge thanks to Mandy for translating for us!!! I was able to send her different statements that I may need to use when attempting to convey to either a server at a restaurant or a food vendor regarding Bethany's peanut allergy; Mandy sent them to me in Spanish. I'm going to Staples Tuesday and have several copies laminated (English on one side - Spanish on the other). We will be able to hand one of these to anyone that does not clearly understand English and they will know exactly what and why we need a food item checked. We also are bringing two brand new Epi-Pens to be safe. I also found out this week that the Intercontinental has a doctor on premises... very nice!!!
Buenos tardes,
Kathy
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Excellent. Sounds like you are almost ready. We should send in our acceptance this week and then find out when they want us to travel. We have heard they usually want about 20 days to prepare the child so we are probably looking somewhere around the 18-23. Although since he is so young...maybe they won't need quiet as long. Hopefully we will see you down there.
Post a Comment