Saturday, September 29, 2007

WE LEAVE TOMORROW!!!

Hola Mis Amigos!!

Yes, we are very excited about tomorrow. Bethany keeps walking around tonight saying, "I can't believe we're going to South America". We are desperately going to miss everyone, but it will be worth it. It's almost 8:30 p.m. and I'm just finishing up with a few items. We want to get to bed early because Pastor Todd wants to have prayer for us in both services in the morning. Jim's mom is coming to first service with us and then our dads are going to drive us up to JFK . We're staying at the Marriott and then catching the 3:30 a.m. shuttle to the airport. Yes, it is an early flight, but it's non-stop and only 5 1/2 hours. We'll arrive in Medellin 11:30 a.m. (they're one hour behind us). I've heard it's a beautiful landing with all of the mountains; hopefully we'll have a pretty day and will be able to enjoy the view.

Well, we'll probably write again after we get settled. Please keep us in your prayers. We're praying that the Lord will blend us together and that she will feel that she is loved and is truly part of our family. We also pray that the Lord will use us while we are there to minister to others and show them the love of Christ.

Chao,
Catalina

2 comments:

Laura S said...

Kathy,
I am so excited for you and your family!! We will be submitting our acceptance tomorrow and hopefully finding out very soon after when we need to be down there too.

I'll be checking your blog to see if you are still there when we get ready to come down as I really do hope we can meet. But if we miss each other, have a wonderful time in Medellin! It is a beautiful city!!

Anonymous said...

Jim, Kathy and Bethany,

How was your flight? Did you have clear weather for the landing in Columbia? We pray all is going well, you guys are awesome! Can't wait to meet your new daughter/sister. Keep us posted.

Jason, Emily and Ryley