Ooohhh, our last day here in beautiful Colombia. I told Helena that I was a little sad because I feel as though Colombia is a part of me. I think this program is great whereas it requires the family to stay in the country until the process is completed. Even before arriving here, I thought it was a great idea. Now that we´ve been here for so long, I appreciate what Colombia is trying to accomplish by having us stay. Yes, it has been a long and crazy process, but it has been fabulous!! We have learned so much about the people here and have a much better understanding of this culture and Belicia´s background.
Today we went to the old city... it was okay. Later I went to the US Embassy and picked up Belicia´s visa. It´s so funny because when she looks at her passport and sees her legal Colombian name, she gets a little upset and says that is not her name.... her name is Belicia. Trying to explain to her that we are going to make the legal changes at home is a bit difficult.
Tonight we walked down the street to a great Tex-Mex restaurant and then headed to Baskin -Robbins. I know, I know we shouldn´t have, but it was very good. I haven´t had good ice cream since we left home.
Belicia is still getting sick. She got sick at the mall this afternoon, when we arrived back to the hotel, and just now. I can´t wait to get home and get her to the doctor. Helena stopped by a drug store and bought me some stuff to give her for the flight. She said it will help her stomach during the flight and make her very drowsy. I hope it helps!!
Well, after being here for a couple of days, we can easily say we are extremely thankful that we spent the huge bulk of this trip in Medellin and at the Intercontinental. There is nothing wrong with Bogota, but it´s more of a typical city. It´s much colder and they get much more rain here. Luckily the short time that we´ve been here has been the best weather that they have had since the end of September. Even though this hotel is nice, Jim and I both are thankful beyond words for the Intercontinental. We had so much to do there; there is really nothing to do here.Tina, I´m getting ready to go upstairs and tell the girls about the weather report. Boy, wouldn´t it be something to see some snow flurries!! Well, I´m going to go. Our cars will be here shortly to pick us up to go to the airport. I can´t believe I´m finally saying that!!!
Chao,
Kathy
1 comment:
Do you remember the name of the tex-mex place? I'd love some good tex-mex while we are there!
Safe trip home!
Laura
Post a Comment