Hello,
We've been home for one week... wow, what a whirlwind. I guess the last time I blogged, we were just getting ready to leave for the airport. Belicia continued to get sick... in the taxi, in the airport... just as we're going through security, a nosebleed... oh my!!! We gave her a Dramimine and she slept the entire flight. Then she got sick at JFK and on the way home. We were really concerned, so our doctor saw her at the hospital. Sunday morning was the last time she got sick and everyone feels it was from nerves. We had a fabulous party Friday night and she has settled in beautifully. She loves the United States, our church, and her new family.
We went to the beach after church on Sunday. She had never seen the ocean before; she really didn't know what to make of it. She said she really liked Rehoboth and all of the seagulls.
We took her to the eye doctor and come to find out she is blind in her left eye. A toxo-parasite has destroyed her vision. She is going to an infectious disease specialist to see if it's still in her body. Today she got her new glasses; these are just for protection of her right eye. Then we went to the salon and all had our hair done. We took her to Panera Bread and she loved it!!!
Things are going great. She's eating and sleeping with no problems. We're going away this weekend for Bethany's birthday... on Sunday we're going to Chocolate World at Hershey. I KNOW she's going to love it. Next week is Thanksgiving and I'll have to get Mandy to explain this holiday to her. I want to find a children's book on American history for her in Spanish. Barnes & Noble said I can order through their site. I just need to find a few minutes to do that.
Got to get to bed... it's GREAT to be home!!!!
Kathy
Friday, November 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That great. So many new things to experience! Wishing you all the best.
Sorry to hear about the blindness in her eye. Hopefully the parasite is gone and not causing any more damage. Is it completely blind or legally blind?
Laura
Post a Comment