Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"Captive in Colombia" won

These are pictures taken with my smaller digital camera from about 1 1/2 weeks ago when we went to the El Tesoro Mall. I couldn't find my cable that I needed in order to download the pictures. These are some of the rides the girls enjoyed that are located in the center of the mall.



Far cry from the Salisbury or Dover Mall, huh?



Jim and Bethany racing; she won because he got stuck!!

Hola,

A big thanks to all of you that posted comments or sent emails voting for our new name. We have a winner... Captive in Colombia. It was very close between that one and "Going Mad in Medellin".

We didn't do much today. Jim took the girls to the pool this afternoon while I packed some more. While I packed, I turned on some Joyce Meyer broadcasts on my laptop. She said something that I've heard before, but it hit home harder this time. She talked about how we talk about the faith we have in God, but how can we truly have faith until we are put into situations that force us to put that faith into action. That is so true... when our prayers are answered quickly and we are rescued quickly from situations, we never get the opportunity to exercise our "faith muscles". God has brought us through different situations throughout the years which have helped grow our faith. I believe with all my heart that He is growing us to a new level of faith in order for our testimony and walk with Him to be that much stronger. I remember a Wednesday night years ago, when Laurel Wesleyan was still in the old building, Pastor Todd asked us what was our favorite attribute of God... I remember that my answer was, "His faithfulness". It still is.

Hopefully tomorrow will be the day we receive her birth certificate. If we make it to Bogota tomorrow, I'm not sure where we will be staying, so I'm really not sure of internet access. Hopefully I'll be able to continue our blog once we get there, but if not, you'll know it's because I'm having trouble getting a connection. I should be able to connect without trouble, but you never know.

Going to turn in...

Chao,
"Captive in Colombia"

No comments: