Hola,
Wow... can you believe that we left four (4) weeks ago?!?!? Hopefully, I won't be blogging this time next week and saying, "Can you believe that we left (5) weeks ago?" OOOHHHH, we won't go there...
Today was much like yesterday; nothing really new. I did begin to pack because when her birth certificate does arrive, we're going to have to move fast. Racquel, the director of Casa de Maria, called us today. We were hoping she was calling with good news, but she wanted to check in and see how we were doing. She said it could come Monday, Tuesday, who knows... we just need to be patient. She said that she realizes this is taking an extremely long time, but Putumayo is very far away. This thing with the distance we still don't understand; to us, if you express something, it doesn't matter that it's "X" amount of miles away. I guess we are very spoiled in our country by how quickly we can get everything.
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that yesterday the hotel sent to our room complimentary chocolate covered strawberries, cookies, and bottled water. Jim said to me jokingly, "Well I guess when you stay an entire month, that's what you get." This is horrible... the girls were in their room and they didn't know that the goodies had been delivered. We were so tempted not to tell them about it... those strawberries looked so good... BUT... we did call them in. I know there are a lot of chocolate lovers out there reading this that would have been tempted not to share also... I won't mention any names!!! You should have seen Belicia's face when she saw them. When she went to eat them, she was very careful not to eat the cap of the strawberries... this time!!! The other night at dinner we let the girls get the dessert bar. Well, Belicia got cheesecake with strawberries dipped in whipped cream. Bless her heart... she put the entire strawberry in her mouth... cap and all. Jim and I tried to stop her, but as she chewed, she realized something was wrong. We went and got another strawberry off the bar and explained that she's not to eat the green part. All four of us cracked up laughing... things we take for granted! Frazier family... I know you can relate!!
Well, if we don't hear anything tomorrow, we still want Gloria to come and pick us up and take us somewhere... anywhere. We may check out a museum or the botanical gardens. We know that the girls won't be thrilled, but at least it will be change of pace. We'd still love to go to a coffee plantation, but Jim's thinking that because the election was just today, Racquel will say it's still not safe; we will at least ask.
That's it for now...
Chao,
Kathy
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment