Last night Windy went to bed with no problems and no crying. They both slept from 9:30 until 7:00 a.m.; I feel good because I sense that she feels very safe and secure with us. Jim worked with her in her English sticker book last night and she was reading the words, by herself, out loud in English. This morning while I was in my room reading my Bible, I heard her in her room counting to eleven in English. She had already memorized what she was looking at last night!! I was so happy about this... when I sat on her bed with my Bible, she said "Biblia!!" I said, "Si, en Ingles" (yes, in English). She whimpered and said she wants one in Spanish (which we had intended to buy when we got here). We want to look for one tomorrow night.
We went to our ICBF interview this afternoon and it was nice to hear her tell the gentleman that she is very happy with us and is excited about moving to the U.S. I really didn't expect this, but the interviewer flat out asked us about what we intended to do with her name in the States. Most of the discussion was in Spanish and Windy was there during everything, so afterwards I asked Gloria what was Windy's reaction about the name. Gloria said she only understands the name Windy. Gloria talked to her more about it as we walked outside and Windy told her she does not like the name Belicia, so I'm not sure what we are going to do. Oh yes, I guess I never mentioned that we went back and forth with our adoption agency with them telling us we can/we cannot change her name while in Colombia. We had bought her airline ticket in her Colombian name and had to change it TWO times because the agency went back and forth. Bottom line... we are not allowed to change anything except her last name. So, we really don't know what we are doing; we are going to keep praying about it.
Well, I'm tired and am heading to bed. I hope all of you are doing well!
Buenos noches,
Kathy
5 comments:
She is so cute! Looks like everyone is having fun and getting along well. There is a good bookstore at Oviedo if you want one to look for a bible. We have bought books there in preparation for bringing home our son.
Looks like one big happy family. You need to get someone to take a few pictures with you in them as well, Kathy. I was so tickled to be able to talk with Windy last night. Tell her I am very proud of her for being able to count to 10 for me. I'll talk to you later.
Love,
Colleen
Ben just told me how to find your sight. I just forwarded the link home to Diane.
Seems to me God is blessing your trip already. We are praying for a very fast paced process that will bring you all home to us soon!
We love you!
-Pastor Todd (for all the gang)
we are so excited for you! - Ben
Very cool. You have 2 very cute daughters. God bless you, we can't wait to see you all!
Jason, Em and Ry
Post a Comment