Hi Everyone,
Bethany is no longer sick... I'm so glad! We were able to get out today; we went to the El Tesoro Mall. I do apologize because the night we went to Archie's Pizza, I told you that we went to the Oviedo Mall. We asked Gloria to take us there, but come to find out today, she actually took us to El Tesoro. I noticed as we approached it that it looked very familiar... I told you that her English comprehension is not the greatest, but she's super nice. The mall has a great little outside amusement park in the middle of it. Windy has never been on rides, so she loved it. Bethany only enjoyed a few things because most were geared towards younger children. They had a pet store that the girls enjoyed. Next to the pet store was a music store... Mom, Bethany got to play the piano! She was so happy and I think the gentleman at the store was quite surprised when he heard her play. He was making comments in Spanish, but I do not have a clue as to what he was saying. It was soooo nice to hear her play. Later, we ate in the food court and found out how different people really are. Bethany ordered an apple soda; when she went to drink it, there was a dead fly in it. Jim brought it back to the gentleman and showed it to him. The gentleman took the fly out with a spoon and gave the drink back to Jim!!! Obviously, Jim told him "no thank you" and asked for a new drink.... how gross!!
Well, we found out some discouraging news today. Gloria said that since Windy was not born here in Medellin, when we receive Sentencia, we will not be able to leave the next day and go to Bogota like we thought. She said that once we receive Sentencia, someone has to physically go to her home town (by plane) and get her birth certificate. We've been told now that it will be another three to four days AFTER Sentencia before we can even go to Bogota. We really, really want to come home and this is very frustrating. Please continue to pray that everything will come together so we can make it home as scheduled. I do thank the Lord for Joyce Meyer, laptops, and the internet. I was able to watch a sermon of hers that I desperately needed to hear.
Tomorrow, October 19th, is Mom's 75th birthday!! I hope you have a great day with Sherry, Colleen, Marie, and Marisa. I wish we were there to celebrate... love you!!
Buenas noches,
Kathy
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
While I know you are probably dying to get home, I am so excited your stay is going to be a little longer. That means we while likely get to meet!!
We fly in on Tuesday around 6pm, so maybe on Wednesday we can come over to the hotel and say hi!!
For an activity you might want to check out the movies at El Tesoro and Oviedo. Sometimes they have them in English with Spanish subtitles. I know there isn't much at the movies here...so not sure how much you would get down there in English, but it would get you out of the hotel at least and let you here some english. :)
Helllo! Looks like you will get to meet Laura- that will help add some excitement to your whole routine until you get to bring your family home! Just think,what is another 3-4days after all that you guys have had to do to get you
to this point? Tell Bethany that it's good that flies float!! LOve you guys, hang in there- everyone is praying for your quick and safe return. You will be home when God lets you come home-- His timing is perfect!! Tina
We are thinking of you daily here at church. Prayed for you this morning. I sure hope Bethany shakes the sickness soon.
We love you guys... and look forward to the big PICK-UP!.....soon!!!
-Pastor Todd and Di
Post a Comment