Thursday, October 25, 2007

Had a good day

Hola,

We had a nice day today. It was a beautiful morning, so after breakfast we walked out by the pool. We were told by Gloria yesterday that a couple was coming in from Denmark and picking up their new baby boy from Casa de Maria; Gloria was supposed to pick them up from our hotel at 11:15 a.m. this morning. We saw a couple sitting by the pool that were very fair skinned and very blond. We guessed that they were the couple from Denmark and we were right. We talked with them for awhile; they were very nice. Belicia actually recognized the name of their baby; they told her his name is Miguel and Belicia was able to tell them his last name.

Later Gloria took us to the San Diego Mall and we searched for Spanish math books. We looked in four places and they didn't have any, so I'll just order some on-line. The girls really wanted to come back to the hotel and swim, so we just came back and did not go to the zoo. Since we're going to be here a few more days, we picked up a BINGO game at Exito. We figured it's something we can all play, it was cheap, it's a small box for our luggage, and it can really help Belicia with learning her larger numbers in English.

I did speak with our representative in Bogota this evening; her name is Isabella. She said there is no way for us to be on our plane Monday night. When we get to Bogota, Belicia must first see the US doctor (afternoon appointments only). The next morning we must apply for her Visa, the next day we would actually receive her Visa.... THEN we can fly home. Todd and Di, it's safe to say we won't be in NYC Tuesday morning... sorry!!! It could be Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. Jim has our Dads lined up to pick us up for Wednesday or Thursday. I'm not even going to think about coming home on Friday....

Well, the hotel is packed again; there's a big insurance convention going on through Saturday. They also were setting a camera crew by the pool. With the election being held this Sunday, the local news was covering a debate between the candidates. We are definitely staying at the "happenin' place"... always something going on.

My mind is definitely turning towards home. I'm beginning to think about the thousands of things to be done when I return... the gazillion financial questions Pastor Todd has for me (I'm smiling as I type this!!)... the laundry (oh my!!!, but we saved about $1,000 not having it done here)... the tons of personal and business mail to go through. At least I know, thanks to Colleen, Marie, and Dad, that the yard and house will be in perfect order... Colleen will even have groceries for us... THANK YOU!!! Last night while sleeping, Jim moved his foot and I, for the first time, thought it was Jasmine jumping up on our bed. Only a few more days!!!!

Chao,
Kathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Bakers! Just wanted to let you all know that I'm praying for you guys. I pray that GOD will keep you safe as well as use you everywhere you go. I miss you very much and after reading your blog from Thurs. made me miss you even more.
I Love You,
Colleen