Well, we had our first doctor's house call tonight. Late this morning at the pool, Windy got hit in the nose (not hard) with the soft pool ball and her nose began to bleed. Around 4:00, by the pool, it started bleeding again. Tonight we were on the phone with Rick, Sue, and the girls and Windy and Bethany were watching a movie, and it started bleeding again. The hotel pays for any doctor visits for adopting families, so Jim thought let's have her looked at in case something is wrong. Since we do not have any medical history, we didn't want to take any chances. While Jim was down at the front desk, it began bleeding again. Within 10 minutes we had a doctor and assistant here to look at her. He checked her out completely and told us what to do if it happens again and not to worry. He also gave us an order to get blood work done just to be on the safe side. A lab worker will actually come to our room to draw her blood and then bring the results to us later in the afternoon... very convenient... wish they did that at home!!! The doctor was really impressed with how well Windy had adjusted to us; he said she is so happy. Most adopted children he encounters have a difficult time accepting and giving love in the beginning. Bonding was a huge thing that we prayed about... we asked that God would prepare her heart for us before we ever met and for us to bond almost immediately. He has truly been faithful and answered our prayer!!
Day two of swim lessons was wonderful; she pretty much can swim. We're going to give her some more lessons next week; it's good for Windy to have instruction in Spanish, plus it gives Jim some one on one time with Bethany playing in the water.
Get this about her name... I never said a word to her this morning about it and when we went to eat lunch, she told Walter, our beloved server, that her name is Windy Belicia Baker (she's finally saying "Baker"... she kept saying "Bach-er"). Tonight I did sit down with her and took out what Mandy translated for me. She read it and understood; she was very happy.
We just put the girls to bed and Windy asked to pray in Spanish (her first time asking). I actually understood what she said. She thanked Jesus for her Papa, MaMa, and sister; she said she loves us very much.
Gina, we did ask guest services about Leonardo. She said yes, he's wonderful and his English is superb, but he's on night shift now. Well, at least we have David, the bellhop, that's been a tremendous help
By the way, once we get a picture of the four of us together, we will change the picture on the home page of our blog. Hopefully, we can get Gloria to take some this week while we sightsee.
Hasto pronto,
Kathy
4 comments:
hi surprise!!!I really am writting to you all love your blog Miss you a ll so much all i have seen of Windy I love all ready Windy I do love you You are a sweet girl
Love Mommom
As you can see, Mom is getting tired and had to stop. I think she did a pretty good job for the first time on the computer. She said the keys are not in order!! So very happy that all is going so wonderful for all of you. It reminds me of a book unfolding one page at a time with God doing the page turning. We thank God and give Him the GLORY!! Got to get ready for Sunday night services. Love you all. "Dad"
Wonderful!!! I'm so happy all is going well! Windy is beautiful! By the way...no roughing it there!sheesh it's a far cry from Liberia. The hotel looks like a great vacation spot, I'm jealous.
Debbie : )
I go away for two days and you have swimming lessons, bloody noses and a doctors visit! You all have been busy. Glad you all are doing so well!! Sounds like everyone is doing great.
We had a baby shower and football game down in Florida so we were away for a few days. Thankfully I am home and can use the next two weeks to get ready! We are coming down on Oct 23rd. So if you are still around hopefully we can get together. I suspect you will probably be gone already though.
Well said.
Post a Comment