Friday, October 26, 2007

Quiet day

Hola,

Another gorgeous morning... they closed the inside hotel restaurant for breakfast and served it in the pool-side restaurant. Picture perfect weather... it was blue skies, in the low 70's, low humidity, and a very slight breeze. After we ate, we sat out by the pool until it began to get warm. We didn't let the girls go swimming until mid-afternoon; the sun here burns you very quickly... especially Bethany.

We ate dinner down by the pool because Jim and I wanted the salad bar. Tonight they didn't have any spinach or any really dark green lettuce on it. I asked our server if I could get some so I could make my salad with something healthier than iceberg... get this, he had the chef make me a special spinach salad. Oh, it was sooo good; they really take good care of us. Like most evenings here lately, it was a total down pour by the time we were finished eating. Again, the hotel is great... they supply oversized umbrellas for guests to use.

Tonight during story time, we began talking to Belicia about the fiesta next Friday. We told her it's a fiesta para Belicia (party for Belicia) to welcome her to the United States. We explained it will be at our church and there will be many family and friends there. She was soooo excited. She began to ask if Tia Colleen, Marie, Marisa, etc. would be there. We told her "yes". When she asked about Tia Twila, it was hard for us to explain that she lives in Atlanta, but I think she finally got it. She is definitely NOT thrilled about our weather and especially the thought of winter. When it's around 70 degrees here, she's saying "muy frio" (very cold). Jim and I just say, "Girl, you're in for quite a surprise if you think 70 degrees is cold." I'm putting her in a sweatsuit when we go to Bogota because it's in the mid-60's there... no shorts for her.

Well, not a lot going on, so I'm going to close.

Hasta luego,
Kathy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Girl!!! Its already in the mid sixties some days and getting colder. And oh dont get me started on the humidity(sp?). Lol. Muy Frio, alright!!!! its been raining for like the last 4 days. Todays Upward game was cancelled cause of it. Well I better go. I have to get ready me and john are gong out for lunch. Te amo!!!
Maria

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone!! Love hearing from you. Maybe not much going on but we love hearing every word from you.Miss the pictures the last few days. Maybe a few more before you leave!! We are ready for plan "A", "B", or "C" on this end in getting you all home!! Let's get busy and "Bring It On"!!! We miss "Miss B" not coming bouncing in the from door for her many visits!! Bethany, your cat is fine and is doing alot of sleeping and eating. She is the QUEEN of the house!! I think she misses you and we do also!!! You tell your new sister that we are waiting to see her and touch her and to love her. You are all in our prayers. We are asking God to keep you all safe, to wrap his arms around you as you travel and let others see Him through you. We love and miss you all very much and is a wonderful feeling to know that you know the Lord and He is with you ALL THE TIME. Remember, when you KNOW the Lord and things seems to go wrong, they might seem to be going wrong but they aren't. They are in God's hands and his timing not ours, that's what makes us folks different from other folks and keeps us thanking God!!!! Remember, you are where you suppose to be N O W!!!! Love "Dad"

Anonymous said...

HHi guys, I want to tell you so you are not too shocked. The 1776 resturaunt and all 4 Bonanzas and Sailloft has closed !!!!Fred Hertrick bought Sailloft and will be tearing it down. I was shocked. I still can not believe it.You already know there is no soccor today. The rain is suppose to stop tonight. Hope to see you real soon . Love and miss you all Mom

Anonymous said...

HHi guys, I want to tell you so you are not too shocked. The 1776 resturaunt and all 4 Bonanzas and Sailloft has closed !!!!Fred Hertrick bought Sailloft and will be tearing it down. I was shocked. I still can not believe it.You already know there is no soccor today. The rain is suppose to stop tonight. Hope to see you real soon . Love and miss you all Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey "Miss Thang" it was so wonderful hearing from you I miss you lots and I cant wait for you to come home. I miss you!!!!