Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Still nothing from the court...

This is the pool-side restaurant that I've mentioned several times. Our wonderful server, Walter, is talking to the girls while they swim.



Hola,

We didn't hear anything today; today is the 10th business day after we filed the adoption papers. Our adoption agency told us that they have 10 business days to review our papers. IF this holds true, then we should definitely hear something tomorrow... key word is "if". The family from Norway got theirs finalized yesterday and left for Bogota this afternoon. Theirs only took six business days... it all depends which court and whose desk your papers land on.

We stayed around the hotel today. Bethany is not still 100%; when her medicine wears off, she ends up with a fever. She feels a lot better, but doesn't have a big appetite. I'm just glad she's not having any stomach problems.

Well, we went three days without any testing from Windy, but she decided today would be an entire day of testing. Sadly, she ended up missing out on a couple of things today, but we are seeing progress. We're discovering she can understand more and more English everyday. Get this... tonight Jim explained something very clearly to her in Spanish using words and phrases that we've been using successfully in communicating with her. She said "no comprendo"... we knew better... she's a character!!!

Something I forgot to share last night regarding some information regarding the poverty in this country. Jim was told by Gloria and one of the workers here at the hotel that minimum wage here is about $200 per month... month NOT week. That is so sad. Between seeing what we saw yesterday and hearing this, it makes us appreciate even more all the many blessings God has given us and the great nation in which we live!!!

Actually, since I've been typing, Jim's been on the phone with Gloria. She said she spoke with our attorney today. Fanny said that the court said our papers were not ready today and they won't be ready tomorrow either. Well, like we said, it's all in the Lord's hands... we'll leave when we leave. He has a purpose for us being here this long. We'll see how the weather is tomorrow; if it's good, we may go to the zoo.

Chao,
Kathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet that they will get back with you anytime now. I just know!!! oh did you know that mommom is getting on the computer. lol. never thought I'd see that day. lol Well I love you and I will email. Love ya!!!