Hola Mis Amigos,
Gloria called first thing this morning and said that nothing was ready at the courthouse yet, so we made plans to meet her at 11:15 a.m. to go to the zoo. We were just getting ready to walk out of our room and the phone rang. It was Gloria stating that our papers were ready and Jim or I needed to go sign the documents. Since Jim was wearing shorts, he was not allowed to go, so I went instead. Fanny said that instead of a person going to Putumayo (it's an 18 hour drive), she decided to Express the documents. For some strange reason, she says the birth certificate won't be back until probably Saturday. Jim thinks their version of Express must be "The Pony Express". Anyway, there are way too many variables to go into. Bottom line... they way Fanny is talking, we won't be on the plane Monday night unless God intervenes. I won't confuse you with all the details, but I'll keep you updated.
At court today, I got to meet Gloria's son-in-law and a very close friend of hers (he was her deceased husband's best friend). Apparently the gentleman is a prominent defense attorney here in Medellin. He bought Gloria and me a frozen coffee that, believe it or not, was better than Starbucks!! It was VERY good!! I was completely caught off guard by this man... he knew I was married and was there for an adoption, but still he told me several times that he thought I was beautiful... then he gives me his business card and told me if I ever need an "escort", call him... THEN as he shakes my hand, he gives me a kiss.... yuck, yuck, yuck... I told Gloria that I really wish Jim came instead!!!! She was laughing and thought it was funny...
Later in the afternoon, we went to the zoo. Belicia had never been to one and she really enjoyed it. It was rather nice and we got to see some animals that we've never seen before. When we returned to the hotel, the girls went where??? Of course, to the pool.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention on my blog last night that we were able to give the lady in housekeeping her gift. Jim had the concierge find her and bring her to our room. It's one of those things that the Lord prompted both of us to do and we are trusting Him that our gift will somehow impact her life.
I want to thank each of you that have been praying for us. This is not an easy journey and I believe your prayers have help strengthen me. You know Jim... easy going... Mr. Calm. He has handled everything beautifully. He's been a great husband and wonderful Papa' (as Belicia calls him) through everything. The three of us chicas (girls) are very blessed to have him!! Well, we should be winding down in a few more days. We can't wait to see each and every one of you!! Todd and Diane... hopefully we will see you in NYC!!!
Buenas noches,
Kathy
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yippee -- you got sentencia! That at least gets the ball rolling again and puts you one step closer to making the journey home. We continue to follow your blog on a regular basis. We're sure hoping to get to Colombia by year's end for our 3 children! May God continue to bless your family!
Love, Genece
Post a Comment